3M™ Acrylic Foam Double Sided Tape 4229P
3M™ Acrylic Foam Tape 4229P is a medium-density, dark gray acrylic foam tape with high performance acrylic adhesives. 3M acrylic foam tape 4229P is characterized by high performance peel and shear adhesion, high internal strength, good conformability and excellent plasticizer resistance. Typical applications include body side moldings; stainless steel, ABS and PVC rocker panels; wheel lip moldings, door edge moldings, nameplates/ ornamentation, luggage rack slats, wind and rain defl ectors, and dashboard overlays. 3M acrylic foam tape 4229P utilizes the same proprietary acrylic foam core and adhesive technology that has been proven successful on numerous OEM automotive applications. The acrylic foam core has unique viscoelastic properties that allow it to elongate and relax when put under load, thereby minimizing stress on the adhesive bond line. These properties allow the tape to bond more effectively to a wide variety of automotive surfaces.
- Brand New and High quality.
- 3M genuine product
- Designed for the attachment of a wide variety of automotive exterior and interior trim including body side moldings, claddings, rock panel trim, wheel flares, bumper trim and most other automotive trim.
- Strong adhesion to automotive substrates.
- Weather and car wash resistant.
- Confortable. Can be used on textured surfaces, such as painted cement or brick.
- High-strength core maintains a thin, consistent bond line.
- Easy liner release.
- Perfect to use on LED strip mounting at indoor or outdoor (included bathroom).
- Length: 3meters.
- Width: 10mm
- Thickness: 0.8mm
- What percent of the final bond strength can I expect immediately after application?
- Immediately after an application is made, about 60% of the bond strength is achieved. As the adhesive continues to wet-out the surface, you can expect the bond to be at about 75% – 80% after 24 hours. After 72 hours, 95%+ of the bond strength is achieved. The bond will continue to build with time.
- Is the tape solvent resistant?
- Yes, 3M acrylic foam tapes are resistant to most common automotive solvents like gasoline, diesel fuel, washer solvent, etc. Solvent resistance is a function of type of solvent, time of exposure and temperature.
- Why doesn’t the tape feel sticky?
- 3M’s high performance acrylic adhesives tend to be firm and dry to the touch. They are designed to bond materials other than skin. The adhesives used are designed to give optimum performance and adhesion to automotive substrates and components. The natural oils and moisture of skin can vary from person to person and affect the “thumb appeal” of the 3M Acrylic Foam Tape. To one person the tape can feel very sticky and to another it can feel much less sticky to the touch. The difference in “thumb appeal” is in the variation of the 2 individual’s skin surfaces not the adhesive.
- The part is not adhering to the vehicle. What might be wrong?
- Areas to investigate for poor adhesion or performance include:
- Check for surface contamination. The substrates must be clean and free of any contaminant. This is the most common cause of poor adhesion.
- Check for surface match. Are the two surfaces to be bonded a good match?
- Check for proper application pressure and wet-out.
- Check the back of the component for flatness.
- Check the installation process for proper procedures.
3 Meters, 33 Meters